Pages

Sosial media

Monday, June 05, 2006

"
PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT

IN my last post, I wrote that I would love to travel and see all the places that I usually read of. Writing about it got me thinking so I decided to blog about it.Now I have never really traveled outside Nigeria before(does cotonu count?) , but I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of going places. As a child, I’d “read” picture books about places and wonder what they were like. What did they look, smell, and feel like? Do they really look as glamorous as they did in the magazines? Or were they just plain and ordinary ………. I’d stare at a picture until I could see it in my mind’s eye , then I would give “life” to the picture by imagining what it would be like if this moved or that moved or sometimes I’d picture myself there ………..As a result, even though I’ve never really been to those places, I’ve been there in my mind.Here's some places i would love to see.




Posted by Picasa"
PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT

IN my last post, I wrote that I would love to travel and see all the places that I usually read of. Writing about it got me thinking so I decided to blog about it.Now I have never really traveled outside Nigeria before(does cotonu count?) , but I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of going places. As a child, I’d “read” picture books about places and wonder what they were like. What did they look, smell, and feel like? Do they really look as glamorous as they did in the magazines? Or were they just plain and ordinary ………. I’d stare at a picture until I could see it in my mind’s eye , then I would give “life” to the picture by imagining what it would be like if this moved or that moved or sometimes I’d picture myself there ………..As a result, even though I’ve never really been to those places, I’ve been there in my mind.Here's some places i would love to see.




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to travel soon too..

PS You've been tagged

ayoke said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ayoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Hallo "big chick, work on the Island...", ha ha!

Anyway, travelling can be fun and I would also love to travel more. I haven't been around much. I checked out that thing on Ore's website and I've only gone 4% of the world and most of them, weird places (bluh!).

I always wanted to travel and it was worse when I was a child and we were living in an Estate where the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (then known as Ministry of External Affairs) decided to buy up houses for its returnees. And I would ask the children where they came from to replies of Japan, Germany, China, Trinidad and Tobago, etc!

Absolute torture for me who had never even been on an airplane before. I was always on my father's case but what's a man to do if he couldn't afford it? Funny, the first time I would fly, it was straight out of Africa. I went from Lagos to Paris (about 6 hours) and connected from Paris to Havana (10 full hours!).

I was so sick when I got to the airport in Cuba that I just sat down on the floor, leaned against the wall and slept straight for like an hour. It didn't help that there had been a tornado and the whole place was in a confused state. My pick-up people were searching for me and were quite miffed but hey! They don't know my story. 16 hours of air-travel was no joke for a never-traveller and I needed that nap to get my breath back!

(Apologies for deleting my first comment - typo utter) :)

Nneka's World said... Best Blogger Tips

I loooovvveeee Traveling. I make sure i travel somewhere atleast once a year.

The most beautiful place i have seen is a little town called Trieste in Italy, near austria, it has the most amazing view of the blue sea. Its a sight to behold.

Travelling is good for the soul. I wish that i could have travelled round the african continent.
Ps I would start off there.

I plan to do that in my life time.

TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said... Best Blogger Tips

I realllllllly reaaaaaaaallly want to travel too!!!! and im seriously jealous of every one of you guys especially you Nneka......Thats the kind of place i'd like to visit even though im not quite sure i know what the blue sea is.

But sha there's hope in sight. My girlfriend and i are planning a trip to tour the West African coast immediately after my POP thats passing out parade for those of you who do not know.

emmmmmm please i did not say the whole west african coast o!!! we're just going to three countries Benin, Togo and Ghana.

I hope we can work it out.

Nkem said... Best Blogger Tips

You will enjoy Benin, Togo, and Ghana. I went to school in Togo, so we used to go to Ghana often. Ivory Coast used to be beautiful until the civil war messed things up. Cameroun is also wonderful. Africa is definitely a good place to start. Travelling opens up the mind more than anything else. People who have travelled tend to be less insular and more outward looking. Higly recommended.

ayoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Nkem's right.

Togo is very clean except for the beachside... And Ghana is a lovely place. Make sure you go to the Cape Coast and check out the Elmina Castle. Cameroun is also very nice, though I prefer Yaounde to Douala, which reminds me too much of Lagos.

Do tour Africa! You'll realise we do have some very lovely places, but also visit your dream destinations. I'm still trying to make enough money to visit my dream destinations.

Ore said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooooh, I LOVE travelling too! I'm always thinking about my next trip. For now, I also want to go around Africa more.

Ghana's great. I went there in Jan and blogged about it. My brother recently visited Ethiopia, Kenya and Rwanda and loved them. I really want to go to those countries too.

culturalmiscellany said... Best Blogger Tips

PLease go to Japan its the most beutiful place on Earth.

But, also please go and see West Africa but go to the out of the way places if you can. Please plase please go to the Drill Monkey Ranch in Afri Mountain near Calabar. Please also if you go to Ghana go to Kakum National Park and go on the rope walkway through the jungle trees - you will see so many bird species. You can even have a shower in the forest - outdoors - and shower with a tree frog like me. I know it sounds weird but its those sort of experiences you just can't buy! Please also make the effort to go to Calabar museum as the history countained within its walls are phenomenal.